Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bike Repair Day


Today I didn’t work because the main GIS guy wanted to meet on Wednesday. He hopes the internet will be better by then in order to actually accomplish something. I forgot his name but tomorrow I have a meeting with him at 11am to go over what all they want to try and do. Hopefully I get started on something but the station as a whole is a little chaotic because their internet is going haywire. When everyone needs it to operate it works even slower than it already is.

With the day off I woke up early and headed to the market in town with Deb. We took bikes, got a little lost but ended up finding it fairly close to where were staying. I ended up spending 5 dollars and got more fresh food than 5 dollars could ever get you at a store in Wisconsin. It was also a great way to practice my Spanish that is highly lagging…They had everything from fresh noodles to fish to spices and lighters. It was based on a covered concrete soccer field which although not especially hopping at 7am was supposed to get busier by the noon hour. On our way home we stopped and treated ourselves to fresh fruit smoothies by the harbor

After the market I filled my day with repairing all the bikes we have. Deb and I stopped at the bike shop on the way back from the market in order to get her some brakes on her bike because it’s really hilly in the residential area and white taxi trucks tend to have the right away. While we were there she bought us another bike that I named young grasshopper. Leaving one there to get repaired we headed home. I walked the flat bike through town to the shop and picked up the fixed one and repeated this process until we had all 5 bikes in ship shape. However, the red bikes tire just exploded and freaked out the station because it sounded like a gun shot.

Since snorkeling is fairly close and Rob was done with work we headed to the beach to troll around for marine life. Yesterday we saw three giant sea turtles, a ray, and a sea lion circled us a few times but today was less lively except for the sprawled out marine iguanas soaking up some rays.

But again hopefully tomorrow gives me some work as for now I’m off to town to chat it up and probably grab a bite to eat J

No comments:

Post a Comment