Tuesday, June 26, 2012

All of my days...

Monday 6/24/2012

Today went surprisingly well. Chema went to go help with a Coca-Cola commercial they were filming so I had the whole office to myself jamming in the zone and continuing to make some maps which is a relief. They are for a research paper that the entomologist Henry is publishing soon. The maps themselves are quite simple however the processes behind them are not. A new quote on our whiteboard is "we love and have to love free software." These maps are made entirely with free software including QuantumGIS, their map creation extension, our postGIS database server we created to host the files, and Inkscape (a freeware off-shoot of Adobe).

Coming soon...to a scientific paper on large headed ant infestation near you...

I swam another couple laps at lunch and it was the lowest I've seen the beach so far. It was by far 15 feet lower than normal...I normally can't touch the bottom at the right pole and tread water to catch my breath...today I was standing and it was at my chest...new/full moon coming soon? I think soo.

There was this ray hanging out just below some sand as I swam over the top of him...he didn't like that I was so close, and truthfully neither did I because I didn't know he was there. Couldn't help but think of a worst case Steve Irwin scenario. not cool : )

After work I decided to start I needed to eat more. I've lost a lot of weight since I got here so I headed to the grocery store and was in the zone to cook dinner. I stopped and got bread crumbs, returned 12 bottles for 50 cents a piece, went to the super market, and then picked up a pound of fresh tuna for dinner.

I turned on some jams then started to fry up some tuna and cooked oregano in with a cup of rice. Squeezed a fresh lime on top and dinner was delicious. I also had an idea that I was thinking about for a while. I made some dough, kneaded in a packet of apple cinnamon oatmeal, diced up some cheese, and fried up some apple cinnamon cheese empanadas. Those are for lunch tomorrow and man they are tasssty. I swear I could make a killing selling 50 cent empanadas to hammered people on water street back in Eau Claire. Which would be alot more fun than actually getting hammered...

Now that our maps are done tomorrow may be back to the grind of organizing and devising a strategy for organization within our database. Making maps was a great break from tedious things that slow down my computer because not only do I like to do it, but I know how, and now with a whole new set of software.

Thanks for the maple flavored coffee mom and pa
 it is thee perfect thing in the morning. 

1 comment:

  1. Make me an some food. FOOL. Looks awesome. Why is your blog sweeter than mine?// haha

    ReplyDelete